Re: [Evolution] Create link to a specific mail in Evolution

On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:50 +0100, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
Hi all,

it happens regularly that I want to refer to a email in my notes, a
text document, etc. Is there a way to generate a "link" to a mail in
Evolution which I could copy over to my notes, which again opens
Evolution and jumps directly to the mail on click?

Not from within Evolution.

If this doesn't exists out of the box, I would be also happy for
suggestions how I might be able to solve this with some scripting
involved.

Off the top of my head, I think this would be pretty hard to do. You
would have to accommodate all the different storage locations a message
could be in, both local and remote, and take account of it possibly
being moved around. There is no universal way to do this.

There could conceivably be an Evo-specific way, using Evo's on-disc
cache, but a) as it's a cache it can easily disappear or be
reorganised, and b) the link would only work on a single machine (and
then only within the same user account on the machine).

poc