Re: [Evolution] Create link to a specific mail in Evolution

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:59 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Off the top of my head, I think this would be pretty hard to do. You
would have to accommodate all the different storage locations a
message
could be in, both local and remote, and take account of it possibly
being moved around. There is no universal way to do this.

There could conceivably be an Evo-specific way, using Evo's on-disc
cache, but a) as it's a cache it can easily disappear or be
reorganised, and b) the link would only work on a single machine (and
then only within the same user account on the machine).

One idea I had was to copy the Message-ID and have a way to open
Evolution sp that it does directly search for the Message-ID. Ideally I
should be able to automate this a bit and don't have to search the mail
header for the Message-ID manually, etc.

I saw similar scripts for Mutt with ToDo.txt and Gnus with Emacs org-
mode, if I remember correctly.

In my setup, all mails are stored locally in a Maildir, synced with
mbsync.

Cheers,
Björn

--