Re: [Evolution] exchange calendar

Well have set up from scratch with Evo for 5th time now and it is
definetely not working.  Can anyone else confirm if they are using Evo
with an Exchange 365 server? Just wondering if that could be an issue.

I have Evo (3.28.5) on FC28 working perfectly fine with Office365 -
mail, calendars, contacts are all functioning as far as I can see. (I
can see my calendar although I don't use it, and I can see a shared
calendar that I do use. When composing mail addresses get autocompleted
from the GAL, so presumably that works. Office365 is not my main
mailer, I just need to use it because of other people.)

BTW, did you allow Evolution to autoconfigure your account after you
put in the email address. Sometimes that doesn't work very well if your
Exchange setup is complex and/or the autoconfig information is wrong.
Try manually setting up the host URL (for cloud hosted Office365 it
should be https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx with the
username supplied by your admins - then click on 'Fetch URL' to get
your specific connection URL. Authentication type is 'NTLM').

During the account setup, I set up the offline address book, which I
think reads from my GAL, and it seemed to do that fine, yet when I go
to my account in Evo after setup, it cannot open any address book,
OGA, GAL anyything, same message unalbe to connect to <addressbook
name> backend factory for source xxxxxlong guid type number  and
extension address book cannot be found.

You need to run Evo from the command line to see if there are any
messages printed there. If nothing shows, then run Evo with EWS
debugging enabled so you can see the chatter over EWS. If you want to
post some log snippets here, then do so (so long as they aren't too
big) but make sure you remove any sensitive information such as
passwords.

If it isn't going to work, I would like to find out so I can stop
fretting over it and just wait until it is supported!

As I said, it works fine - EWS support has actually been quite solid in
Evo for a few years now and I've never had any problems either with our
on-site Exchange server or when we migrated to the cloud.

I have a niggling suspicion that many of the issues people have with
EWS are when using Ubuntu or Mint - perhaps some compile option or
library isn't quite right. There was some discussion a little while ago
about Ubuntu's reluctance to move away from 3.28.1 even though there
are bug fixes and enhancements and we are now on 3.28.5. Perhaps others
with more experience of those distros can advise further about how you
might be able to get 3.28.5.

P.