Re: [Evolution] Newly created search folder does not appear

On Sun, 2018-08-19 at 16:32 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sun, 2018-08-19 at 14:46 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2018-08-19 at 11:37 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 22:39 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Note that the Evolution Help still tells you to report bugs to
Bugzilla. That should probably point directly to Gitlab instead.

That's been fixed already && redirects from Bugzilla's enter_bug.cgi to
Gitlab are in place && there is a banner on Bugzilla. What is missing?

It says nothing about Evolution specifically, being a general banner
for Gnome.

There is a general banner because it is a general issue.
We will not list each and every name of 650 GNOME modules.
It should not say anything about Evolution specifically.

It also makes you log in to even discover whether Evolution
is covered by the Gitlab page.

What is "it"? Gitlab?

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution redirects to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/users/sign_in if you're not
logged into Gitlab. After log into Gitlab you are redirected to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/explore/groups which lets you search if
Evolution is in Gitlab. You end up on the very same page if you do not
log in and just go to https://gitlab.gnome.org/ instead.
If you want a URL parameter to redirect back to the intended URL after
the login dialog interference, feel free to file a feature request.

Then after logging in you have to search
for Evolution, then click on the Issues tab. It would be much simpler
just to include a direct pointer to:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution
already redirects to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new .
When you are logged into Gitlab. See above.
So what you ask for is already the case. If you are logged in.

I don't know where you want to see what exactly.

Andre, I'm talking about the content of the Evolution Help page,
specifically the text which starts:

   How to report bugs

   If you do not need help for configuration but you are sure that you
   have found a mistake or wrong behavior in the Evolution software, or
   if you want to request a feature, you can file a report in the
   <GNOME bug tracking system>.

What I would like is for *that text* to point directly to the Issues
page for Evo on Gitlab, rather than the general BZ page for Gnome.
That's all I mean.

poc