Re: [Evolution] exchange calendar

On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 17:27 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 09:44 -0600, William Dossett via evolution-list
wrote:
On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 13:47 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi William,

yes, I used EWS...

if there isn't a problem on your Exchange server, there shouldn't
be
any
reason, why you don't see the calendar in Evo.
Do you have the necessary permissions?

I did some more digging,  it seems people are having this problem
it
is
an issue with libsoup version.  I am using linux mint 19.  My
libsoup
is 2.4 and I think it needs to be 2.58 or later
maybe.  Unfortunately
am just getting started with Mint/Linux desktop so I don't know how
do this.  I've spent years working with centos distros at the
terminal,
but usually haven't had lib problems like this so not sure how I
fix
it
if this is the problem but will continue to google, if anyone knows
quick fix I appreciate it, even though this is not an evolution
problem
apparently.

Thanks
Bill

Libsoup is at 2.4 in LM19 and still at 2.4 in Ubuntu cosmic ( devel)

You could download libsoup 2.62 BUT, the dependencies , glib, are way
in advance .
If you are happy with building packages, and there will be a few ,
you
might be lucky and still have a working system.
There is a distro , Alpine, which uses it, but its one I've never
heard
of or tried.
If it is a problem with libsoup, you are probably better off waiting
for a backport with a fix for it.

Thanks Richard, I've asked around on the Mint forums to see if anyone
knows more about upgrading libsoup - I am not comfortable with
compiling source or building my own packages these days.  I haven't
done that since I started out with Slackware which is showing my age...
I don't like to break the apt/yum processes.  I am really just getting
started with Mint. I have  a 2013 Mac Pro and just got so fed up with
OS X and Apple that I loaded Mint on it and am loving it. (I think it
might have something to do with Apple being a trillion dollar company
;-)  )
I have a windoze workstation sitting right next to me as well with
outlook and my calendars on it, so I an wait.

Regards
Bill