Re: [Evolution] Bug 738247 - unwanted information disclosure in message headers

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:13 AM, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:

ps BTW, the senders IP address is usually inserted by the MTA, not the
MUA in the headers. Good luck with getting that changed.

Pete,

You probably haven't read anything I've said before.
IP address is inserted by thunderbird MUA by HELO=my_IP_address
Hostname is inserted by evolution MUA by HELO=my_hostname

I don't like both cases but hostname, unless it is a default "localhost.localdomain" is worse then IP
address, that is why I proposed a patch.

MTA will report EXTERNAL IP Address which is acceptable, since MTA behavior is well known. If someone wants
to change it, they will use VPN.

Josh.