Re: [Evolution] imap path prefix

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 18:54 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 18:04 +0200, bob thi wrote:
My goal is to have all the mail boxes on the same level of the root
and eliminate the subfolders.

      Hi,
I see. I'm afraid that they are under Inbox and the Inbox is an "always
added folder", then causing subfolders of Inbox shown on the same level
as Inbox is not possible, at least not in the Evolution.

By the way, the server itself already responses that your personal
namespace is "Inbox.":
* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) (("user." ".")) (("" "."))

My memory of this is hazy, but I think the original IMAP standard
specifies Inbox as the root of all the user's mailboxes, because that's
the way it was done at Carnegie-Mellon. Only later did IMAP servers
offer the option of an "anonymous root", which I suspect is now more
common. If so, the OP should talk to his mail admins to see if they are
willing to change this. IIRC it's a system-wide change so they may not
want to.

poc