Re: [Evolution] help installing on ubuntu

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 12:08 -0700, maxxedev gmail com wrote:
In trying to install the latest version of evolution on ubuntu 16.10,
I think I've managed to mess up the packaging system:

 evolution : Depends: libevolution (>= 3.22.6-0ubuntu0.1) but it is
not going to be installed
             Depends: libevolution (< 3.23) but it is not going to be installed
             Recommends: evolution-plugins but it is not going to be installed
---------------
$ sudo apt show evolution
Package: evolution
Version: 3.22.6-0ubuntu0.1
[...]
APT-Sources: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
yakkety-updates/universe amd64 Packages

Any idea on how to fix and install latest evolution?

No, as we don't know much about packages provided in Ubuntu.
Please ask in an Ubuntu support forum how to fix this.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/