Re: [Evolution] defining multiple mbox accounts with evolution

Please, always say what version of Evolution you are using.

On Fri, 2017-11-17 at 11:16 -0500, andré via evolution-list wrote:
I would like to define multiple mbox folders, if it is possible, but
don't see how.

Are they all in a single directory?  If so use an account of type
"Standard Unix mbox spool directory". It will pick up each mbox file as
a mail folder.

The reason I want to use mbox format is because I receive a lot of
(mostly list) emails,
and I don't want to add another 50000+ files to my system.

50k files is nothing. Why do you object to having more files? (My home
partition currently has 1.5M files in it and doesn't seem to suffer.)

I use a separate folder by category in each email account, for ease
of access.

What do you mean by an "account"? If they are entities with their own
email address, then you will have to configure each one separately in
Evolution, there's no automation at that level.

That is already about 100 folders using mbox.

So only about 500 mails per folder? Maildir format can cope with that
no problem.

P.