Re: [Evolution] Encrypting with GnuPG: `no imported public key` if key is not valid (not ultimate trusted)

Hello,

thank you for your relpy.

I do not know whether your system links /usr/bin/gpg to /usr/bin/gpg2,

Yes, it seems to do so:

    ➜  ~ ls -l /usr/bin/gpg2
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Oct 27 07:43 /usr/bin/gpg2 -> gpg

Is this normal that the target isn't shown as a full path? Because the
"gpg" file is in the same folder as "gpg2"?

There is a setting to change which gpg command should be used

This was set do default, but setting it to "/usr/bin/gpg2" didn't help.

GPGv1 seems not to be installed at all (I'm not sure whether it is still
available in Debian buster):

    ➜  ~ dpkg -l "gnupg*"
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/
    |        Trig-pend
    ||/ Name                         Version              Architecture
+++-============================-====================-====================
    ii  gnupg                        2.2.1-5              amd64
    ii  gnupg-agent                  2.2.1-5              all
    ii  gnupg-l10n                   2.2.1-5              all
    ii  gnupg-utils                  2.2.1-5              amd64
    un  gnupg1                       <none>               <none>
    ii  gnupg2                       2.2.1-5              all

With respect of the interactive mode, well, I wouldn't do it.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Would you avoid using GPG's interactive
mode?

You still should set a trust on the public keys you've imported

I don't have that much experience in GPG, but as far as I understand that, this problem is not about the ownertrust of a key, it is about the validity of a key. A key can become valid by a) having ultimate ownertrust or b) being signed by
a key with ultimate ownertrust.
An of course I do not want to sign any key I import (or give it ultimate trust).

Thank you and best regards,
Tim Rausch