Re: [Evolution] Composing editor selection

I am using 3.20.5 that came directly from Gnome 3 Staging PPA.  No external editor plug in.  OS is Ubuntu 16.04, but that was there before 3.20.5.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Composing editor selection
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:12:34 +0200

On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 11:17 -0700, bg wrote:
Ubuntu 16.04 with Evo 3.18.5.2 Evo has apparently changed what's being used as the internal editor for composing -  and not for the better. I want to change to gedit or almost anything else than what's on offer. But when I consult the "HELP" files, it directs me to <EDIT> <PLUGINS> <EXTERNAL EDITOR>, and when I click that sequence, there is no  "external editor" choice presented.
Works for me on Fedora. If Ubuntu strips the External Editor plugin when packaging Evolution you need to contact Ubuntu. Help is correct. Cheers, andre