Re: [Evolution] Feature Requests

On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 04:16 -0400, David Burleigh wrote:
I recently switched from Claws Email to Evolution, and for the most
part I am very happy with it.  However, I really miss the following
features of Claws and would think most Evolution users would appreciate
them. Perhaps some of them already exist and I just haven't found them,
and if so, please let me know:

1) A condition for filtering incoming mail: "Is in addressbook" or "Is
not in addressbook"

2) Option to minimize/close to the System Tray, with an icon showing
the number of unread messages

3) Ability to add an event to a calender that is a "point event",
having just a "start time" and not an "end time", such as the arrival
time of an incoming flight. I have to keep track of incoming guests for
our institution and it is tedious to have to include an "end time" for
each such event, and to see two times shown in the calendar when only
one is significant.

Thank you for all the development work that has been and is being done
on this very nice application.

Welcome to Evolution and to the list.

In order for Requests For Enhancement (RFEs) to be registered somewhere
and not just lost in the archives, the convention is to file them as
bug reports in Bugzilla (go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org to get
started). That doesn't guarantee they'll be attended to because
development resources are finite, but not filing them is a good way for
them to be forgotten.

I'd suggest filing each of your suggestions separately (though as
others have said, number 2 is probably not going to be implemented).

It's also conventional to post the BZ URL's here in case anyone else
wants to add their comments.

poc