Re: [Evolution] Show Certain/System Folders at Top of Side Bar

On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 06:01 -0400, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
Your solution of renaming or creating a new folder and deleting the old
one does not work for default system folders like Sent and Deleted.
These are the standard names as prescribed by any Exchange account, and
I imagine forcing these to be renamed or replaced would create
problems.

That is correct, the reason I have written
"You could (re)name all your own folders".
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The default folders and the virtual "Trash" folder might be required by
a standard. IMO lexically sort order is the smartes style.

You could move all your "own" folders to a new parent folder add your
own replacement folders for "Inbox", "Send" etc. and use filter rules to
use the replacement folders instead of the original folders.

How is it possible that this extremely obvious setup feature is missing
from such a long standing application?

I don't know if this feature is missing. Perhaps Evolution provides such
an option, I'm just not aware that it is implemented. However, if you
create a parent folder for all your folders, "Inbox", "Send" etc. are
not in the way.

Please reply to the mailing list only. If you include me to the
recipients I don't get duplicated messages, but I get replies without a
mailing list header. This breaks the reply to mailing list for some MUAs
completely. Evolution works around this issue by invoking mailing list
replies, by "Group Reply". Anyway, it still could break sorting by
mailing list headers for Evolution, too. Other users might get
duplicated messages, one with the mailing list header and a second mail
without, which also is annoying.

Regards,
Ralf