Re: [Evolution] Space to jump to next message does not work?

On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 13:56 +0100, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
Yes, when a message is longer than is shown in the message preview,
the message scrolls when pressing space.

        Hi,
okay, so the space bar actually works, but there are cases where it
doesn't work on the home machine? If it at least scrolls, then it means
you've the magic scape bar enabled (just as your gsettings command
shows). Evolution moves to the next unread message only if there is no
more place to scroll down in the preview (which is a reason why it
jumps to the next message immediately when the preview panel is off.
There can be any detail related, like whether you have setup Prefer
plain, whether you let it show HTML parts as attachments and so on.
That's one of the reasons why I wanted to test on a plain text message
first.

Try, at home, with and without preview panel, then mark some message as
unread in one folder and let evolution cycle between them in the same
folder (like have at least two messages unread).

The magic space bar doesn't rely on the account type, I'm pretty sure
it doesn't, but even if, then I suppose you've configured the same
accounts on both machines.

I am running Arch but could not find a package with similar name as webkit for gtk4
(but both computers are up 2 date so should be running the same libs...)

Ah, right, different distributions can have it named differently. The
name I used was from Fedora. I do not know Arch linux, but I recall
some distro has it packaged as libwebkit2gtk-4.0 or something like
that. The thing is that it's a WebKitGTK+ library providing gtk+ API
for WebKit2 interface (also API).
        Bye,
        Milan