Re: [Evolution] Space to jump to next message does not work?

On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 13:32 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 11:56 +0100, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
Didn't think it could be a bug, since I am using the same version on the two computers.
I am using 3.22.6 btw..

      Hi,
does the space-bar do anything at all, on the affected machine? For
example, I click into the message list (which selects one of the
messages and shows it into the preview panel). Then I press space bar
and the message preview is scrolled down, or I'm moved to another
unread message in the same folder. When I disable preview panel
(Ctrl+M), then the space bar simply moves between unread messages in
the selected folder.

Yes, when a message is longer than is shown in the message preview, the message scrolls when pressing space.

Try to run evolution from a terminal, whether anything useful would be
there. Check also what message is selected, this one (plain text)
should work just fine.

No messages write in the terminal window

Andre's bug reference was correct, it was the change which made it
work. One issue can be with webkitgtk4, but you might have installed
the same versions on both machines (rpm -qa | grep webkitgtk4).
      Bye,
      Milan

I am running Arch but could not find a package with similar name as webkit for gtk4
(but both computers are up 2 date so should be running the same libs...)

BTJ