Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

Quoting Ralf Mardorf <silver bullet zoho com>:
there could be reasons to prefer digest. You already mentioned one of
those reasons, a "broken" Internet access. Actually I can't remember
that I really ever needed digest, especially not for this mailing list.

Ditto. I get what they are for ... but it seems like that time is over. All types of clients are now much more powerful, storage is abundant even on laptops and mobile devices, connections are not that fragile.

The use case for Digest is very small - and achievable without list support. Filter to a folder; check that folder for new messages - you essentially have Digest. If someone, like me, filters mail list messages to folders you also have robust Search capability - in every client, and on every server.

Most of the times I'm against dropping features. However, I don't care
if digest is provided or not.

Ditto

IOW if you want to disable it, you won't hear a veto from me. If you
should not remove digest, I wouldn't be disappointed as well.

Ditto.