Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 140, Issue 6

On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 10:04 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 10:15 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-03-11 at 11:26 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Since you say you are new to mailing lists
>
> 	Hi,
> I thought the default for the list is to not use the digest, thus the
> new subscribers receive messages separately, unless they change it for
> whatever reason. I think I heard so several months ago, but I can be
> wrong.

It is the default (if it wasn't we'd be having a lot more of these).
The OP must have changed it.

poc

bg:

"Digest" should have been strangled in its crib. Its only discernible trait is its ability to
encourage clueless list behaviours, thereby annoying the clueful :-)

But seriously, folks; on quite a few listservs over quite a few years, I have implored
"Digest" users to explain to me what advantages they feel it confers on them, and so far
n0t a single one of them has ever come up with anything even remotely plausible, beyond
the questionable ability to live in denial about how many email messages they're getting....

Brewster
"Unless something is done -- and soon, to relieve the massive  buildup
 of excess tax receipts, the Treasury Building will explode and release
 its contents into the atmosphere, forming  an immense cloud of money...
 If the wind were to shift, the money could fall back to Earth, where
 some of it could, conceivably, wind up -- this is referred to in
 top-secret government documents as 'The Doomsday Scenario' -- back
 in the hands of taxpayers."

	Dave Barry, humor columnist, February 1999
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.