Re: [Evolution] Evolution Closes When I Try to Print

On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 18:30 -0600, Jim Engle wrote:
I am currently using Evolution 3.10.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  Today
evolution crashes (closes) every time I try to print a message.  The
print dialog box opens and when I click print evolution closes.

        Hi,
there can be many reasons why the application crashed, thus it's really
hard to guess from your description where the problem can be and/or
whether any possible fix is available. Nonetheless, you can give some
clues, which will help. Please, install debuginfo packages for
evolution-data-server, evolution and as you use such ancient version
also gtkhtml3 (I've no idea of exact package names in Ubuntu, I'm
sorry, I do not use it). Then run evolution from a terminal under gdb
and reproduce the crash. The command looks like this:

   $ gdb evolution --ex r --ex bt --ex "t a a bt" --ex q

It will run the evolution and once the execution stops, hopefully due
to the crash, then it'll print the backtrace of the crashing thread and
afterwards also backtrace of all threads. Gather the console output
from the crash to see where it crashed. Please check the output for any
private information, like passwords, email address, server
addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for clarity
only).

By the way, does it crash for all messages, HTML and plain (this one is
plain text), or only for certain messages?
        Bye,
        Milan