Re: [Evolution] How to edit list of applications to open attachments

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 13:03 -0700, W Van Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 13:37 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
gvfs-mime would still be the right app to use, even under KDE.
Evolution is a Gnome application and uses the Gnome libraries. Setting
MIME type using the KDE panel is unlikely to work for Gnome.
Similarly,
under KDE one can use gnome-control-center from the Shell to get to
the
Gnome settings window.

Unfortunately, gvfs-mime is apparently not included in Scientific Linux
6.9.  There is no file association widget in the gnome settings panel,
perhaps because gvfs-mime isn't installed.  I'll ask my SA to install
it.  He usually balks at installing stuff that's not included in
Scientific Linux.

The most recent version of Scientific Linux is 7.3, which you might be
able to convince your sysadmin to install.

poc