Re: [Evolution] all mails are deleted in all folders after deleting mails in search folders unmatched

On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 22:33 +0100, Jos Rikhof wrote:
all mails are deleted in all folders after deleting mails in search
folders unmatched. Only mails of last search are still there.

The search folder is a virtual folder containing a list of/link to the
emails matching a certain criterion. The unmatched contains everything
else. A virtual folder is just another way of viewing the emails, so
deleting something in a search folder actually deletes the original.

I checked the content in /home/me/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.OneOfTheFolders/cur

result: no content at all.

OK, so either deletion results in moving the mail, not just marking it
as deleted in the IMAP way, or you have already expunged the deleted
emails.

Is there a way to recover my mails.
Number of mails is about 10.000 over 12 yrs.

If deleted emails are moved, then look in the Trash folder.  If you
have already expunged things, either automatically or manually, then
they are gone I'm afraid and it's time to get out the backups.

P.