Re: [Evolution] all mails are deleted in all folders after deleting mails in search folders unmatched

On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 22:33 +0100, Jos Rikhof wrote:
all mails are deleted in all folders after deleting mails in search folders
unmatched. Only mails of last search are still there.

I checked the content
in /home/me/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.OneOfTheFolders/cur

result: no content at all.
There shoud be around 2000 mails, gathered during about 10 yrs.

I renamed folders.db, resulting in creating a new folders.db.

Is there a way to recover my mails.
Number of mails is about 10.000 over 12 yrs.

You don't say what kind of account this is (POP, IMAP, Exchange, ...).
It makes a difference to how deletion is handled. The default is the
IMAP method, in which deleted messages are simply marked but not
physically removed until you expunge the folder. If that's the case
then it's easy to recover them. Try selecting View->Show Deleted
Messages.

Otherwise, if the messages are no longer recoverable from your server,
it all depends on whether you have a regular backup system and can get
them from there. If not, there's nothing Evolution can do about it.

(If you use an IMAP server then someone else is doing the
administration for you. If not, you have to do it yourself.)

poc