[Evolution] Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed out

Hi,

even after rebooting Evolution 3.22.5 can't retrieve Emails from two POP
accounts. It could retrieve Emails of a third POP account at the same
provider, using the same POP settings. Retrieving the Emails using Claws
works without issues for all three accounts and without any delay at
all.

What could I do to get rid of "Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed
out" and to be able to retrieve Emails from all accounts with Evolution
again, too?

The problem isn't new, but it still seems to be unsolved:

https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22Cannot+get+POP+summary:+Socket+I%2FO+timed+out%22

Unfortunately I've got absolutely no time to debug.

Regards,
Ralf