Re: [Evolution] Sort so un-read messages come to the top?

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:06:41 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2017-12-23 at 12:23 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
PS: Actually we could use several MUAs in parallel, even when
preferring POP over IMAP. When preferring POP, then just don't delete
the mails from the server, after retrieving it by one MUA.

I already do this. I use Evolution mostly for mailing lists, and the
Gmail web interface mostly for personal stuff. That's a big reason I
prefer IMAP to POP, because it Just Works (tm).

IMAP allows you to delete mails for one MUA and to keep it for the
other MUA, used for another purpose? IOW any kind of sync has got it's
pros and cons. What ever approach you prefer, you need to find a
workaround for exceptions, as well as to handle possible pitfalls. You
unlikely want to make your real-time audio workstation an email server,
too.