Re: [Evolution] Save sent messages in a chosen folder

On Sat, 2017-12-09 at 13:04 -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
On 12/9/2017 11:49 AM, david thekramers net wrote:
I'm looking to move away from Thunderbird, for performance reasons.

It may depend on your IMAP server and particular configuration options
but I wouldn't count on Evolution performing better than Thunderbird.

The last time I used Evolution was on Fedora 27 (so it was a recent
build) on a test computer with a nice old 5,200 RPM hard drive. I asked
it to load a folder of 12,000 messages and it was SO SLOW I had to abort
and reran it with libeatmydata because Evolution was sending a
continuous stream of fsync calls for sqlite databases.

I assume that by "load a folder" you're referring to indexing a folder
of previously unseen messages. This is an operation you will only
rarely perform in real life, so I'm not sure how relevant the test is.
I have several IMAP folders that are much larger than this (e.g. the
Evolution list of over 17,000 messages or the Fedora Users list of over
40,000) and notice no performance problem at all. I'm also on Fedora 27
and my /home is on a conventional 7200rpm drive.

poc