Re: [Evolution] evolution_onion

On Sat, 2017-12-09 at 11:09 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

i would like set up a pop account : it is recommended to use 995/465.

- one of my problem is that i have not the operating system tor version
but the tor updated from their own site installed in my home.
- another is that i would like use + vpn (https).
- and i do not know how to set up that !

It seems that evolution was built gmail/microsoft/ldap in mind : i should
prefer something a bit more "after 2013_snowden revelation".

It seems, actually, that you are wrong.

- is a new version planned built anonymity in mind (tor + vpn _https_
compatibility) ?

In what way do you want to use "https" in Evolution? If you are talking
about TLS/SSL, then it is already in there; in the few places where a
web address is needed, just preceding it with "https" will work.

- what is your recommendations:advice pls ?

Evolution neither knows, nor cares, how the network packets get from
your computer to the destination and back again. If your computer is
setup to route packets via Tor or VPN or whatever, then that is what
Evolution will do. If you don't know how to do that, then please, read
up on Tor *and understand what you are doing*. This list is really not
the place to discuss such things.

+1

poc