Re: [Evolution] copy & paste oddness

This is actually the problem. how come that Ubuntu and therefore LinuxMint use such an old version of Evolution? can't they just pass on a newer version? The version used is by far not stable, at least not any more. And I do need different software in order to keep different accounts separate. To put all the emails I have now collected over the years into Thunderbird would blow that thing up and make it useless. Do I really have to run then Evo on a Windows PC, just because the distributors decided to love only their own thing? That does not sound very credible.

Claws Mail is a kind of medieval client that I use for security reasons in a different account. So what would be possible to do? change the whole distribution? But don't the other distributions limit the other software that I am using? In my understanding Ubuntu/LinuxMint are those distributions that make most apps accessible.

Anyone has a good tip?

Gottfried