[Evolution] Evolution crashes when opening a contact (or viewing it in the overview)

Hi

We still use Evolution 3.18.5.2 (Ubuntu 16.04), thanks a lot
for all work on this program!
Probably since a recent Ubuntu update a few weeks ago (manually
updating to Ubuntu 16.04.03) Evolution has a problem and hopefully you
can help me to solve. Maybe it is not an Evolution error per se.

When I switch to Contacts and double-click on a contact, Evolution
crashes and often the whole Ubuntu session (I have to login into Ubuntu
again). Sometimes Evolution crashes even when I only click once on a
contact to get the overview of the contact. I get this error in the
terminal:
$ evolution

(evolution:29482): camel-WARNING **: Failed to initialize NSS SQL
database in sql:/etc/pki/nssdb: NSS error -8126

(evolution:29482): Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'evolution' received an X
Window System error.
The error was 'GLXBadDrawable'.
  (Details: serial 9985 error_code 171 request_code 155 (GLX)
minor_code 29)
   To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
   variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

When I open the same contact with the right-click menu option "Add to
Contacts ...", clicking on an email address in an email and then click
Edit, there is no crash and I can safely edit the contact. I can also
create a new contact, but when I try to edit it from the Contacts,
Evolution crashes.

I saw similar reports about similar crashes in the archive but all date
many years ago and don't correspond to my problem.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Dan