Re: [Evolution] How to do Migration to Evolution 3.18.5.2 from Outlook 2010

On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 11:54 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
It is important to me to have an easy to use sync from phone to then
linux pc for calendar, tasks, Pictures, Notes and contacts as well as
mail accounts.

        Hi,
I'd say either use some public server to copy your data to it, or
configure an instance on your machine (which is not trivial,
unfortunately), then configure Outlook or the Phone to connect to there
and copy there all you need to have there.

For contacts, events, tasks and memos (notes) I'd suggest DAViCal, it
knows all the four and the documentation to setup it is very well
written, easy to follow [1].

For the mail part, the best would be an IMAP server, anything like
dovecot, cyrus or courier. I think dovecot is the easiest to setup and
it's available in most distributions, but it depends on the actual
point of view.

As you synchronize the devices in offline, it might be a little
challenge to achieve the same in Linux. The easiest might be to use
some public server and connect to it from all the devices you care of.
But it's not the same as having the data on your machine only, thus no
other can look at it (if you are interested in such kind of privacy).
You mentioned syncevolution, which might do it too, though I never
tried to configure it myself, thus I cannot help with it.

Maybe others on the list have better experience and knowledge in this
area.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://www.davical.org/