Re: [Evolution] Version information when building from git - Was: Many strange errors after upgrading to Evolution 3.24.2?

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:13:22 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
Or I just got use to this approach during the years. Each approach has
its pros and cons.

Hi,

you aren't alone, the developers of the Jack 2 sound server bump the
version after release, too. I'm not aware that anybody else does it
like Jack 2 and Evolution do, most (if not all other) developers
seemingly consider the git commits as an addition to the released
version.