Re: [Evolution] Trouble with EWS Contacts since Upgrading to 3.24

On Sat, 2017-04-22 at 13:30 -0400, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
Hello. Since I upgraded to 3.24 last night on Arch, I'm having
trouble
syncing my Contacts on my EWS account. I get frequent errors like
this:

        Hi,
that "No response: Cancelled" error (it can be copied as text from the
banner as well), I do not recall seeing it myself, neither any time
recently, but maybe I saw it several times in the past, though I'm
really not sure. It basically means that while the book had been
waiting for a response from the server the caller "lost interest" in
results and thus cancelled the request. Such errors should not get into
UI usually. One option to reproduce this would be to open a composer
window and immediately close it; the composer open also tries to open
all books marked for auto-completion and closes them when the composer
window is closed. I mean, it depends on circumstances, where it's
sometimes correct to have some operation cancelled before it's done,
even it might not be shown in UI.

With Evolution, I see all these:

Those are all books offered by the Exchange server when accessing the
server using EWS protocol.

I have no idea what these are, but they remained silently in the
background in 3.22, but they are making annoying errors in 3.24.

I guess that some setting changed, thus Evolution is trying to open
them, may be for the auto-completion. Again, it depends on
circumstances when the error shows in the UI. Try to switch to the
Contacts view, select each book and then right-click it and pick
Properties from the context menu and verify for what operations they
are turned on. It can be auto-completion or Birthdays & Anniversaries
calendar, to name the two I can think of at the moment.
        Bye,
        Milan