[Evolution] A Question About Add-On Availability

Greetings to all,

I have a question for all of you who know Evolution so well and for so long. Very recently, I upgraded my installation of Evolution from 3.22.0 to 3.22.3 in hopes that it might resolve a problem with an ancillary program which unfortunately it did not.

What I am wondering about are the availability of additional plug-ins, what I believe are now referred to as add-ons, for Evolution. The spelling checker that Evolution uses is quite good, but there are times when I can use all the help I can get with grammar and punctuation too! I know that OpenOffice has a couple of rather good grammar and punctuation extensions (that is there term of art, as I'm sure you are all aware) and it got me to thinking could those extensions be adapted to be incorporated into Evolution? Having wondered that, let me hasten to add that 1) I am not a programmer, although I am trying to learn Python right now. and 2) I know that people involved intimately with Evolution are working on modifying it programming so that Evolution will be more...compliant doesn't seem the right word, but more standardized with other Open Source programs in the way others may create programs that add to Evolution's versatility.

So I just thought I'd throw my question out there to see what others in the community had to say and think.

Best regards,