Re: [Evolution] Google Calendar being blocked

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 17:54 +0200, Kalmár Gergely wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to connect my Google Calendar with Evolution (version 3.18.5.2)
on Ubuntu 16.04. I added the calendar using New->Calendar (type: Google)
using an app password. However, Google blocks the access saying 'Google
just blocked a less secure app from accessing your Google Account'. Can you
help me how could I fix this issue? I want to import only my calendar, not
e-mails, contacts or anything else.

For Evolution versions below 3.20 you have to use GOA (Gnome Online
Accounts) to set this up, because of Google's authentication system.

poc