Re: [Evolution] categories and colours / appointment notifications

Hi Milan,

[...]
1. If an appointment has its own reminder, this reminder takes
   precedence.
2. If an appointment has no reminder, use the reminder configured
   in the global settings under Celander and Tasks -> Reminders.

Unfortunately not completely. That's what the current setting name
suggests and it's correct for the birthdays and anniversaries, but not
for the other appointments. The first option (which is for the other
appointments) is there only to let users preconfigure what reminder
settings should be preset when they are creating completely new
appointments. It doesn't influence already existing appointments by any
means, neither in the alarm-notify. The alarm-notify relies on the
reminders set for the events/tasks. No reminder set => no reminder
shown.

ok, next try :)

1. If an existing appointment has its own reminder, this reminder gets
   used regardless of any global settings.
2. If an existing appointment has no reminder, it has no reminder and
   does not inherit one from the global settings or somewhere else.
3. If a new appointment is created and the creator adds a reminder,
   that reminder is used
4. If a new appointment is created and the creator does not add a
   reminder, the global setting under Calendar and Tasks -> Reminders
   takes over.

Better?

Thx for your patience :)

No problem at all. Once the evolution will have an intuitive UI and
options... :-) Even I do not think it's that bad in this regard, to be
honest.

As I wrote in my first email - I'm really impressed about the
functionality and especially the integration into Exchange Server.
Of course everything can be improved, but this is also, not to say
especially true for Microsoft Outlook 8-|

      Bye,
      Milan

Bye.
Michael.