Re: [Evolution] Gmail integration w. Evolution

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 19:48 +0200, Bart Vliegen wrote:
Thanks for the reply poc. You als have [Gmail] as a subfolder of your
account.

The Gmail IMAP service automatically puts the standard labels Bin,
Drafts etc. under a "folder" called [Gmail]. You can choose to show
them or not by ticking the "Export via IMAP" box under the Settings
pane in the web interface (and subscribing to them from Evo of course).
I don't know how TBird handles it.

Basically what I want is for my Gmail-account to be the single account /
folder in Evolution. So my Gmail inbox is also my Evolution inbox. This can
easily be done in Thunderbird, I am just looking for a way to make this
work in Evolution.

I have two Gmail accounts, so I have two Inboxes. Each of them has the
general layout I already described, so I need to identify each one
separately. I suspect many users are in a similar position, i.e. having
several mail accounts.

Some people use a Search folder to combine several Inboxes into one. I
don't know if that would help in your case.

poc