Re: [Evolution] Gmail integration w. Evolution

Thanks for the reply poc. You als have [Gmail] as a subfolder of your account.

Basically what I want is for my Gmail-account to be the single account / folder in Evolution. So my Gmail inbox is also my Evolution inbox. This can easily be done in Thunderbird, I am just looking for a way to make this work in Evolution.

I checked folder subscriptions, they won't accomplish what I want.

Regards,
Bart

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 13:57 +0200, Bart Vliegen wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am using Evolution 3.22.1 on the latest OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with my
> Gmail account.
>
> I am trying to get all my Gmail folders to show up directly under my
> Evolution account, instead of a separate [Gmail] folder which contains
> all my Gmail folders.
>
> So, instead of:
> >
> > bvliegen gmail com
>       Inbox
>       |Gmail
>               |All
>               |my
>               |Gmail
>               |folders
>       Junk
>       Trash
>
> I would like:
> >
> > bvliegen gmail com
>       Inbox
>       |All
>       |my
>       |Gmail
>       |folders
>       Junk
>       Trash
>
> Thunderbird implements this by letting me set the IMAP server directory
> to [Gmail]. Evolution however doesn't seem to offer this possibility.
>
> I hope that my question is clear. Does anybody have an idea as how to
> accomplish what I want?

Not sure I understand. Mine looks like this:

    Gmail:
     Inbox
     Folder_A
     Folder_B
     [Gmail]:
       Bin
       Drafts
       Sent Mail
       etc. (shown for illustration, I don't actually subscribe to all of them)
     Junk
     Folder_X
     Folder_Y

IIRC I didn't do anything special to get this. Maybe play around with
Folder->Subscriptions?

poc