Re: [Evolution] More authentication headaches

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 10:13 +0200, Andrea Vai wrote:
Would it be possible to solve the problem by adding a new developer
account, and use it only in up-to-date distros? Sorry if it's a silly
question

        Hi,
not a silly question at all. Honestly, I would not think of such option
at all. Both GOA and eds allow to define a specific Google developer
account secrets during the configure time, thus anyone can change it.
I'm afraid no distribution will like to do that though.

I would try to workaround the issue by increasing the limit, as the
error message suggests. I do not have access to that account, thus I'm
CC'ing Rishi, the maintainer of the GOA.

To repeat the link from the error message:
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/caldav/quotas?project=923794261470
Notice it specifically references the CalDAV part only.

With respect of the directly configured Google accounts in the
Evolution, that's rather new feature, dates on 3.20.0+, thus I think,
once I'll be sure the changes are doing what they should do [*], I'll
pick related commits and release evolution-data-server 3.20.6, which
would be a good thing. The 3.22.x line is covered by default.

I forgot to mention one thing in the previous email, those reports of
"Daily Limit Exceeded" were there all the time, I'm pretty sure they
were, but only since certain (I'm lazy to search for exact commits)
recent changes these errors are propagated to the UI. That means that
users of older eds also face the issue, they just do not know about it,
because they are not notified about it (it had a consequence, because
eds/CalDAV sometimes tried to connect repeatedly, ad infinity, which
didn't help with the issue much).

        Bye,
        Milan

[*] Eeks, well, I was "sure" couple times in the recent past that I
already catch the issue, but I was wrong. I'm sorry about that.