Re: [Evolution] More authentication headaches

 Note that this account has nothing to do with the users, this
account is an account which register developers of 3rd-party
applications, which would like to connect to Google services using
OAuth2 authentication (which the Google server forces on most of its
services these days, for a good reason). There is one such Google
developer account used by GOA, and one by the evolution-data-server.
This Google developer account is shared by all the users of the
respective, well, services (but this time the services on the client
side, thus GOA or evolution-data-server (directly configured Google
accounts in the evolution)). Still remember how I begun above, my first
connection of the day and I've got kicked off by the server
immediately. That's why I think this.

That was my query inĀ

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2016-October/msg00039.html

I do not know how large the limit is. It would be interesting to know.

My previous searches seem to indicate that it's 1,000,000 - but that's
not a lot if there are thousands of people refreshing their calendars
every few minutes.

Nonetheless, I'm afraid that whatever I'll do in the current stable and
the development version to address the issue, it'll still be here, as
long as people will use unpatched versions, not talking about long time
support distributions offering users so called stable, but otherwise
ancient, versions of the evolution-data-server. These users will
(unintentionally, I really do not blame them, the issue is on the eds
side) trigger the error to the users of the most recent evolution-data-
server, due to locking the Google developer account with too many
requests with expired tokens.

And it would also be why it's been getting progressively worse as more
and more users switch to the newer versions.

Is it possible to get another developer account that the new "fixed"
versions use so that they aren't disrupted by the unpatched code?

P.