Re: [Evolution] No spam filter in Evolution even though both spamassassin and bogofilter are installed

Am Montag, den 17.10.2016, 12:21 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 19:02 +0200, Steffen Winkler wrote:
Could someone verify wether the dropdownbox is displayed if only
one
(either spamassassin or bogofilter) junkfilter is installed? If
that's the case someone should change that. What if someone has
bogofilter installed but doesn't want to use it in Evolution?

      Hi,
you can have installed both spamassassin and bogofilter programs,
still
the evolution takes care of the installed plugins, which call the
programs. If you have installed only one plugin, then the combox
wouldn't make sense, due to showing only one value.
No, it would make sense as there would be two entries: A blank one ('I
don't want any junk filter' and the junk filter entry itself. It would
also show the user that Evolution did recognize the junk filter
correctly) And as you could see in my case Evolution didn't properly
take 'care of the installed ' modules.

 Thus it's pre-
selected for you. It's shown only when there is more than one spam
filtering plugin and even atert hat you can pick only one of them,
thus
there cannot be used more junk filters at the same moment (that's
only
to clarify, I understood that you are already aware of it).

When I tried to use SpamAssassin evolution told me, upon selecting
the first e-mail as spam, that /usr/bin/sa-learn was nowhere to be
found. Which is correct, in ArchLinux it's apparently in
/usr/bin/vendor_perl/sa-learn.

That's only a default value. You can change it during configure time,
when using --with-spamassassin=/usr/bin/vendor_perl/sa-learn and even
then it's only a default, which can be overwritten in runtime by
setting it into the settings:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.spamassassin command
"/usr/...."
   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.spamassassin learn-command
"/usr/...."

The bogofilter has similar 'command' key in its
org.gnome.evolution.bogofilter.

I dug into the code and decided to comment these two lines out:

if (!e_mail_junk_filter_available (junk_filter))
                        g_queue_push_tail (&trash, link);

They can be found in e-mail-session.c, method
e_mail_session_get_available_junk_filters.

That makes sense. Your distro should configure with added
   --with-spamassassin=/usr/....
   --with-sa-learn=/usr/....
then it'll work out of the box and you'll see the dropdown combo box.
The evolution "considered" the spamassassin junk filter plugin
unavailable, because necessary binaries were not found.

      Bye,
      Milan