[Evolution] No spam filter in Evolution even though both spamassassin and bogofilter are installed

Hi,

I'm on Arch Linux using Evolution 3.22.2. When I upgraded to Evolution
3.22.1 I also installed evolution-bogofilter and evolution-
spamassassin.

After starting Evolution however, I can't choose between either of them
. The only thing that changed was that I got a checkbox in the 'Spam'
tab that let's you decide if text should be sent in Unicode to
bogofilter. Regardless of the state of that checkbox spamfiltering
doesn't work.

I also don't see them in Evolution's 'Plug-in' view, which it should do
according to various websites, one of the more prominent being https://
help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToEnableSpamFilteringInEvolution

I also can't get any kind of errorlog or protocol out of evolution
(which is very frustrating). Neither CAMEL_DEBUG=spam nor journalctl
show any indication of something going wrong. Or anything going on for
that matter.

I checked with lsof and the spamassassin.so file is being used by
Evolution.

I don't quite know what to do now. There is not much in terms of
documentation when it comes to bogofilter or spamassassin interacting
with evolution on any site. ArchLinux's wiki refers to Gnome's
documentation which in turn just sends one to bogofilter's or
spamassassin's documentation which both don't have any kind of
information of Evolution working with them. In fact, bogofilter has a
list of E-Mail clients on it's site, Evolution isn't among them?!

I also tried creating a new user on my system and started Evolution
there, but it just showed the same checkbox and no way to choose
between spamfilters.

Does someone here know how to get more information out of Evolution or
even fix this?

With kind regards
Steffen Winkler