From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] "Generating message list" won't go away -- possible database corruption
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:42:41 +0200

On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 14:18 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Which type of account, how big are the folders (how many messages), does that happen with every folder, how long did you wait?
Hi, apart of these questions, could you install debuginfo packages for the evolution-data-server and evolution, then, once you get into this odd state (simply after running the evolution), get a backtrace of the evolution, to see what it tries to do. The command looks like: $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords, email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for clarity only). It can be something what you've setup in the evolution. Thus as a quick test, go to ~/.config/evolution and as a starter rename the 'mail' subfolder to something else, like 'mail.old', and then start the evolution. By the way, do you use search folders? I've no idea whether it's related, just asking. Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list