Re: [Evolution] "Generating message list" won't go away -- possible database corruption

On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 14:18 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Which type of account, how big are the folders (how many messages),
does that happen with every folder, how long did you wait?

        Hi,
apart of these questions, could you install debuginfo packages for the
evolution-data-server and evolution, then, once you get into this odd
state (simply after running the evolution), get a backtrace of the
evolution, to see what it tries to do. The command looks like:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).

It can be something what you've setup in the evolution. Thus as a quick
test, go to ~/.config/evolution and as a starter rename the 'mail'
subfolder to something else, like 'mail.old', and then start the
evolution.

By the way, do you use search folders? I've no idea whether it's
related, just asking.
        Bye,
        Milan