Re: [Evolution] Search for exact phrase in body of mail messages

Il giorno lun, 21/11/2016 alle 14.39 +0100, Milan Crha ha scritto:
On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 10:32 +0100, Andrea Vai wrote:
when I need to find an exact phrase (i.e. I put it in double
quotes,
"my search strings") in the search box

Is it by design, or a (known?) bug, or am I missing something?

      Hi,
it's by design.
[...]
There are multiple factors related, like what account type the
folder
you search in is, because some searches can be left up to the server
(for example in case of the IMAP it is, thus one doesn't need to
have
downloaded all messages locally).

Thanks Milan, in fact I just tried and the search works as expected if
issued on a local folder. But the problem remains with IMAP folders,
so I would like to know if there is any hope to have it working on
IMAP folders, too (in my case, gmail): what would be the right
direction to ask forward?

Thanks,
Andrea

      Bye,