Re: [Evolution] Search for exact phrase in body of mail messages

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 10:32 +0100, Andrea Vai wrote:
when I need to find an exact phrase (i.e. I put it in double quotes,
"my search strings") in the search box

Is it by design, or a (known?) bug, or am I missing something?

        Hi,
it's by design. Do it the same as you did above, quote multiple words
to make them the search code understand as one word, not as multiple,
aka
   my search string
are three separate words, while
   "my search string"
behaves like an exact phrase.

There are multiple factors related, like what account type the folder
you search in is, because some searches can be left up to the server
(for example in case of the IMAP it is, thus one doesn't need to have
downloaded all messages locally).
        Bye,
        Milan