Re: [Evolution] Evolution dark theme + 'reply' imposes dark theme in message

No, I don't mean fixed it, because if I type on a dark theme, it sends that dark theme to the recipient.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Tomas Popela <tpopela redhat com> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 05:45 -0500, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
> Yes, I agree this behavior can't be right. The funny this was, for a
> brief time in 3.21, they had it right. The composer area would stay
> white in dark theme,

Which was wrong..

>  but they it got botched again in 3.22

You mean fixed it.

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 7:16 PM, Michael Wenyon <michael wengam com>
> wrote:
> > I am using Evolution 3.22.2 in Debian testing.
> >
> > If I set Global Dark Theme 'on' in Tweak Tools, or if I set the
> > GTK+
> > theme to Blackbird, then every time I 'reply' to a message with a
> > white
> > body, Evolution changes it so it has a dark theme: dark background,
> > light text etc.

That's true for the plain text mode. As the message doesn't have any
background set as it's only text.

> > I would not mind if that was just for my display, but the dark
> > theme
> > gets applied permanently to the message so that the receiver also
> > sees
> > it that way.

So you are using the HTML mode, where the background should not change
unless you enable the option "Inherit theme colors in HTML mode".

> > The behavior I expected is that I could work in a dark theme and my
> > correspondents would be unaware. It would be OK for me if 'reply'
> > created a draft with a white background, and I believe that
> > Evolution
> > behaved that way for a short while, two versions ago or so.

Yes, that's the right behavior when the "Inherit theme colors in HTML
mode" option is not enabled.

> > In Composer Preferences, there is a setting that can be checked
> > 'Inherit theme colors in HTML mode', but this does not seem to make
> > any
> > difference either way to the behavior I am describing.

Yes, that's the right option. Can you please file a bug report that
it's not working properly?

Tom