Re: [Evolution] Forward Color

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 11:53 -0800, Rocketrrt wrote:
Hi All, I am using Evolution 3.12.11.

What is your account type?  (EWS, IMAP?)

Is the server an Exchange server?

I am having a issue with color on replies or forwarding messages.  I get an e-mail from someone using
Outlook, and it has color in it and I see the color when reading it.  If I try to forward the message to
someone else or reply all the color goes away and all text turns into black text.  It goes away as soon as it
hit the forward button or reply and the color is gone.  I even tried to paste the original message but the
color also went away.  I can copy it to LibreOffice with color (Crtl-c and Ctrl-v). It is only the Text the
signatures still show color.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

This probably one of the Can-O-Worms type things. Exchange and Outlook
like to use a largely proprietary format called RTF and encapsulate it
in TNEF emails.  Within Exchange and Outlook this is all fine -
everything works and is consistent.  However, the world of standards
beyond an Exchange server doesn't always like RTF/TNEF emails, so there
is a "feature" that when sending to "internet addresses", things get
converted to HTML.

Evolution can display RTF/TNEF emails, but I suspect the composer
doesn't like them that much and so only does a basic conversion,
loosing things like colour.

So, the answer to your question largely depends on how you access the
emails and what sort of server you are connecting to - if you are using
EWS to connect to an Exchange server, and the emails originate
internally to that server, then there is every likelihood that the
format is RTF. If the emails get to your server via the internet and
the config of the Exchange server is not set to send HTML emails to
internet addresses, then you might also have a problem.

The bottom line is that Evolution can deal with HTML formatted emails
without any problems - forwarding, replying and so on retains any
formatting of the original email.

P.