Re: [Evolution] add gmail pop/imap to evolution

Did you try to just set it up as an IMAP account? (Which won't work
because of the authentication that Gmail uses.)

Just curious - i am still using Evolution 3.10.4 - i did setup my gMail
account as an imapx Account (imap.gmail.com, SSL, port 993) and this is
working fine here - why should it not work?

The default login to Gmail uses OAuth2 - it is what Google want you to
use and they make it difficult for you not to.  However there are ways
around it: if you use 2-step verification you can use an app password,
if you haven't enabled 2-step (and you really should), then you can
allow "less secure" apps access. It's all in the Gmail config docs at

 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229

and the things under "I can't sign in to my email client".

The last couple of Evolution versions have OAuth2 support built in (but
you have to configure the account as a Gmail account, not an IMAPx
one). A few previous versions to that you need to configure the account
using "Gnome Online Accounts", and before that it needs "less secure"
methods.

P.