Re: [Evolution] IMAP - Junk and Trash folder appear twice

Am Montag, den 16.05.2016, 12:33 +0100 schrieb Pete Biggs:
(...)
I guess you'd like to see an option for this at the Summary page of the
new Mail account wizard, something like "Lookup special folders on the
server" (I miss a better, user-friendly name, for it), initially
checked, right? It would work in an "all or nothing" way. There is a
new button "Lookup folders" at the Defaults tab, thus this can be run
any time later, if needed, and the dialog reflects what was found.

Well actually, *I* would prefer that there wasn't a "real" Trash at
all. I much prefer the "mark as deleted" method of doing things.

I also don't think that you should enable the real trash in the account
setup even if a Trash (or equivalent) is found. What you are doing is
making the real Trash the de facto account creation default since I
suspect that virtually all IMAP accounts will have a "Trash" or
"Wastebasket" or "Deleted Items" folder in there already.  Certainly
mine do because I use other MUAs (both now and in the past) - it now
means that whenever I setup a new instance of Evolution, I will have to
try and remember that the default is now to use a "real" Trash if Evo
thinks a suitable container is present. (And I won't remember because I
setup Evo from new so rarely these days.)  :-(

From a users (interface) point of view, what is the (obviously annoying)
difference between seeing trash in an evolution-created virtual folder
or anywhere else, presuming that the "mark as deleted" method utilises
this alternative location instead ?