Re: [Evolution] Revoking / moving meetings?

On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 20:42 +0100, Kristian Rink wrote:
still trying to get used to the calendaring functionality in
Evolution (3.18.5), I am trying to figure out how to revoke a
meeting. Expected workflow:

(1) Create a meeting with a bunch of participants.

(2) Store it and know the participants will be notified.

(3) Delete (or postpone) the meeting and know participants will be
notified.

        Hi,
the evolution works just like this. When you add/modify/delete any
meeting with attendees you are asked whether you want to send the
notification to the attendees. Unless the calendar itself does this
automatically, or relies on the server being configured to do it.

What is the calendar type you try this with, please?

Is it evolution-ews? That one relies on the server to do the work for
it. It can be that your server admins disabled it, though I do not know
where it can be done, or whether it can be done at all (I'm not that
familiar with an Exchange sever configuration; my servers do send
notifications to attendees automatically).

If you try exactly the same steps with an On This Computer calendar,
then you'll see the behaviour you are looking for.
        Bye,
        Milan