Re: [Evolution] Sending ical event invites to Outlook users?

Hi Milan;

and thanks for your feedback.

Am Mittwoch, den 02.03.2016, 11:05 +0100 schrieb Milan Crha:

Outlook related options can be found in Edit->Preferences->Composer
Preferences and more importantly in each account Properties on the
Security tab, at the very top.

Ok. What settings exactly am I looking for? Haven't found anything in
there that at least *seemed* related to my problem.

The behaviour also depends on couple of other things, like:
a) what service do you use to send the invitations to them?
   (SMTP, EWS, MAPI, ...)
b) are the Outlook users on the same server as you?

I'm using SMTP on our local corporate MX, recipient is on the same
server as I am.

c) does Outlook claim anything about the invitation?
d) does Outlook show the invitation, only buttons to accept/... are
 missing?

Outlook apparently does display the usual "accept" / "decline" button
but upon trying to accept, there is an unqualified error message
claiming that Outlook wasn't able to process the invitation.
Unfortunately I'm not able to, in there, see any more on what's
actually going wrong. :(

e) what Evolution version are we talking about?
f) what Outlook version are we talking about?

Evolution is 3.18.5, Outlook is 2016.

Thanks again and all the best,
Kristian