Re: [Evolution] Problem with ownCloud - Sabre/dav

Am Samstag, den 25.06.2016, 16:11 +0200 schrieb Johannes Winterhalter:
Am 25.06.2016 um 16:10 schrieb Johannes Winterhalter:

Am 25.06.2016 um 10:33 schrieb Mirko Hessel-von Molo:

Yesterday I observed that on system B, loads of entries in the
contact
list had vanished. They are simply not there any more: Not shown
in the
complete list, not found by search, not autocompleted in email
To: field
etc. (Many other entries remained there, though. The ratio of
vanished
to remaining is about 1:2.)
Are these contacts with German umlauts?

Thanks for your suggestions, for a while I had this suspicion also. But
I don't think this is it. Sure there are some disappeared contacts with
umlauts in them, but there are also disappeared contacts without any
(visible) umlaut, and, what's more, also among the remaining contacts
are some with umlauts.

So, again, any help is welcome. How can I obtain debugging info? Is it
e. g. possible to raise some verbosity level somewhere to get
information on what's going on in server/client communication?

I'd even dare to modify the source code to put in "debugging output
statements" and run the system with the modified code. But for this I'd
need detailed instruction on where to start. (I. e. what are the code
bits that do addressbook updating from a WebDAV ressource, and how to
they work?)

Best, Mirko

 Either goa-daemon or owncloud
itself cannot handle these properly. I had a similar problem with
tasks. I have root access to the owncloud server and wondered why
the
tasks disappeared in evolution, in ownclouds own web interface
they
are also gone. In the mysql database on the server they are still
present. Owncloud seems to have a big umlaut problem. I had to
switch
back to Google Tasks.

Another client, who accesses the same owncloud installation via
thunderbird, does not have the umlaut problem. Owncloud tasks are
accessible with and without umlauts.

I have a small owncloud addressbook with approximately 20 contacts
and
use Evolution 3.16-3.20. Contacts are working here, even with
umlaute.
I do not know what happens if the addressbook grows.

Johannes